Sunday 11 December 2011

Such a busy few weeks ...

Hi Everyone :)

I'm sorry for neglecting this blog recently but I've had a very busy few weeks!

The dissertation was (finally) handed in on Thursday, and we went straight to the pub to celebrate! I am proud of the work I've done, and would like to think at at some point in the future I'll actually get the opportunity to discover just how "Occuaptional Therapists assess the return to work potential of individuals following traumatic brain injury"!

Plans have also been made for my next module at uni, using activity analysis techniques to evaluate the use of live interactive music concerts for those with dementia in care homes. I'll keep you all up to date with the progress after Christmas!

Whilst most of the busy-ness in my life has come from uni work, unfortunately my Nanna also passed away a couple of weeks ago, which gave me the opportunity to make the motorway my new best friend travelling between home and uni. As sad as this was, I would really like to take this opportunity to publically thank the healthcare staff involved; the commnity COPD nurses, the staff in A&E, and finally the ward staff who were so fantastic for those few days. My family flocked from around the country, and we are not a small family, but the staff on the ward were welcoming and never made us feel like we were intruding or in the way. The medical staff were so willing to talk to us, explaining procedures and the nursing staff included us in all situations. It was also touching to see how many of the staff were visibly upset when we left the hospital for the final time. I have taken these experiences as a personal best practice situation that I will always remember when I am qualified.

So, despite the sad circumstances, I have so many thank you's for the staff on Ward 2C of Whiston Hospital that I know are shared by all my family and our friends.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment